Peak Springhill Parish logo



It was on the second Sunday of May, 1873, that a small group of South Carolina Lutherans of German descent gathered to dedicate their newly completed house of worship--and Mt. Olivet Lutheran Church was born. Previously known as Spring Hill Church, the new congregation was served by Reverend William Alexander Houck, a rotating pastor that also served four other churches. Mt. Olivet joined Mt. Hermon Lutheran Church, Peak and formed the Peak Springhill Parish on January 1, 1964. The new and present church building was built and dedicated in 1974. Mt. Olivet has continued to thrive and grow and recently celebrated it's 140th anniversary in 2013. Rooted in history, Mt. Olivet looks forward to continuing to grow and serve the community as faithful followers of Jesus Christ, as we practice "God's Works....Our Hands!"

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon